4 March 08h30 - 18h00
Fundación Global, Democracia y Desarrollo - FUNGLODE, Santo Domingo
The first Latinamerican Workshop on Indicators of ICT in Education took place on March 4, 2008 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The workshop was organized by OSILAC, the Observatory for the Information Society of Latin America and the Caribbean (initiative of CEPAL, United Nations, with the support of ICA-IDRC and @LIS-EU) and the Working Group on ICT measuring of SCA-ECLAC (the Statistical Conference of the Americas), jointly with RELPE (the Latin-American Network of Educational Portals, project supported by the International Development Bank - IDB and International Development Research Centre-IDRC) in collaboration with the Office of Statistics and the Secretariat of Education of the Dominican Republic.
This Workshop responds to the Plan of Action eLAC2010 (approved during the Second Ministerial Conference on the Information Society, San Salvador, 6-8 February 2008).
The targets of the workshop were to:
(1) Deepen the knowledge about the potentialities of the ICT in the educational sector and the targets of politics in this matter;
(2) Present the advances achieved by the countries of the region, and the challenges and future commitments in the frame of eLAC2010;
(3) Know about the international and regional experiences in the production and analysis of indicators of ICT in educational and capacity building topics;
(4) Agree on specific indicators of ICT in education,
(5) Plan the activities to be held in order to provide indicators to monitor the advances of the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean in the incorporation of the ICT in education.
Attendance by invitation only.